We are looking for motivated, friendly, outgoing, and professional people to add to our team of Registered Behavior Technicians (aka Behavior Therapists)
We utilize effective teaching techniques, based on years of scientific research, to help children with special needs better their lives. We are a locally owned agency that offers a highly supportive and collaborative environment. No complicated corporate policies implemented by corporate offices in Timbuktu or out-of-touch directors. Our Executive Director is hands-on and the team helps create procedures for the agency, together. Benefits include:
· Part-Time Positions (that can lead to Full-Time)
· Competitive Hourly Salaries
· Biweekly Pay
· Paid Travel Time and Mileage
· Paid Time Off
· Flexible Work Schedules
· Paid BCaBA/BCBA Internships
· Opportunities for Advancement and Professional Development
· Expert Clinical Support
ABA is a science of behavior grounded in over 50 years of research that has produced data-driven practices to treat disordered behavior and teach to skill deficits. Behavior intervention involves manipulating environmental antecedents and consequences in order to produce socially significant behavioral change. The impact of ABA has been demonstrated in clinical settings, homes, schools, communities, and the workplace, across ages and abilities. Currently, ABA is prevalent in the treatment of autism spectrum disorders, traumatic brain injury, attention disorders, disruptive and oppositional behavior disorders, and other intellectual and developmental disabilities.
RBTs are paraprofessionals who implement behavior analytic services 1:1 under the direction and supervision of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) and:
· Utilize a variety of evidence-based teaching strategies to help children reduce challenging behaviors and learn appropriate replacement skills.
· Help promote independence by teaching communication skills, social skills and daily living skills.
· Utilize data collection procedures to ensure effective teaching and help make programming decisions.
· Assist BCBAs with curriculum-based, developmental and social skills assessments that direct program planning.
Not to worry, we will provide the training necessary for qualified candidates, conduct your competency assessment and help prepare you to successfully pass the Behavior Analyst Certification Board’s RBT credentialing exam. Minimum Qualifications:
· At least 18 years of age and high school diploma or equivalent
· Ability to pass fingerprinting and TB test
· Reliable transportation and car insurance
· Ability to pass the RBT exam with one month of employment
· Afternoon ability (3pm-6pm)
· Enthusiasm and passion to be part of a team that makes a difference!